Anxiety is one of the common problems that a lot of people are suffering from. Following are some statistics that elaborate how common anxiety problems have become in recent times.
- 1 out of every 4 people is likely to suffer from anxiety problems in the course of a year.
- In Britain, one of the most common metal disorders is anxiety and depression.
- Women are 60 percent more likely to suffer from anxiety disorders.
- Over 75 million people are suffering from anxiety issues.
Hence, one should try to seek the right treatment for the sake of dealing with anxiety and it is yoga that has turned out to be one of the most efficient treatment methods.
The Power Of Yoga
There are a lot of different yoga postures that will help you in dealing with anxiety issues and troubles. Yoga has limitless potential for curing a wide variety of different disorders and so one should learn the fine art of yoga in order to live a healthy life devoid of hassles of anxiety and panic attacks.
1.The Child’s Pose
This is known as the child’s pose and can aid in dealing with anxiety. In order to work on the child’s pose, you need to do the following.
- Sit on your shins.
- Make sure that your hip lies on your heels.
- Your chest should rest on your thighs.
- The forehead should touch the floor.
- Be seated in this position for a minimum of seven to ten breaths.
- Clear your mind of negative thoughts and relax while breathing in and out.
2. Cow/cat pose
This is known as the Cow/Cat pose. It is actually two different poses but they are always done simultaneously as it gives you the best effect. Do the following to excel in this pose.
- Rest on all fours.
- Make sure that your hands are aligned under the shoulder.
- Your knee must be under the hip.
- When you take an inward breath, look upwards and arch your spine.
- You should roll your ears away from your shoulder. This will form the cow pose.
- When you are exhaling, thrust the floor with your hands as well as knees.
- Round your spine and this forms the cat pose.
- Inhale and exhale five times for best effects. Look at the following picture to see the difference between cow and cat pose.
3. Salutation Seal
This is one of the most convincing ways of bidding goodbye to the stress that develops in your body. It is an easy yoga posture and has profound impact in helping you deal with anxiety issues.
- You can do it either while standing or sitting.
- Join your hand together and press the thumbs right into your chest.
- Check that both right and left thumb press equally into the chest.
- Lower down the chin slightly.
- Maintain this pose for nearly five minutes.
- Clear your thoughts and take deep breaths.
- Inhale and exhale slowly.
4. Pigeon pose
The pigeon pose can help you relax and it is one of the best yoga poses that can help you get rid of anxiety troubles.
- Sit down on the floor.
- Slide in such a position that the right knee is knelt towards the right wrist.
- Hold your left thigh towards the back end.
- Stay at this posture and hold your breath.
- Exhale slowly and repeat the process again.
5. Seated forward fold
This is a simple yoga posture that can be of immense help. Follow these steps to gain excellence over this yoga posture.
- Sit on the floor and throw your legs as forward as you can.
- Take a deep breathe and inhale air and fill the space.
- Hold the breath for some time.
- Exhale the breath and move forward into the space that you created while inhaling.
- Repeat the process for at least five times.
Hence, these are top five yoga postures that can come in handy for getting rid of anxiety issues.
If you tend to get anxious and you suffer from panic attacks, you might want to consider practicing yoga on daily basis as it will help you cut down on your stress levels. There are a lot of other postures and yoga moves too. Make it a point to learn the art of yoga efficiently and then work on the postures as it will help you immensely.
When you are opting for yoga, you should try to keep your mind clear of any type of thoughts as it is only going to disturb you and can upset the rhythm. So, follow these postures every day and infuse the right spirit of calmness in your body and mind.
Kindly share the post if you like it. You can also comment below 🙂